v-gel® ADVANCED for rabbits gives a high performance alternative to using endotracheal tubes and face masks. Located in the pharynx, a secure airway seal is obtained through the combination of a gel-like material with design contours that mirror the anatomical airway structures of the rabbit. This delivers a clear and safe airway in less than 8 seconds, avoids patient trauma and provides a seal enabling mechanical or manual ventilation.
The v-gel®, once sited securely in the pharynx, allows lateral movement giving the user good access around the mouth for routine dental procedures.
v-gel ADVANCED benefits
- Anatomical matching features combined with a soft material means pharyngeal bowl now envelopes the whole larynx and epiglottis sits inside – avoids folding of epiglottis and lingual congestion giving appearance of a “blue tongue”
- Suited to ventilated as well as spontaneously-breathing patients
- Avoids laryngeal and tracheal trauma, which means safer anaesthetics and comfortable patient recoveries
- Fast, easy, safe and stress-free insertions
- No post-operative coughing or gagging
- Low airway resistance due to the large airway channel within the device
- Each size more flexible in terms of size of rabbit it suits
- Tying rings broken dorsally and ventrally to avoid catching on incisors during placement
- High quality pressure seal restricting leakage of volatile anaesthetic agents, thus improving health and safety for staff
- Tip inserts into the upper oesophagus to help prevent and manage regurgitation of stomach contents
- Safer, smoother recoveries
- Ideal for safer dental procedures giving more space and security
- Low dead space connector
- Single use – human medicine standards of hygiene
v-gel® for rabbit anaesthesia is the product that has reduced my stress levels by the greatest amount within the operating theatre, thanks for the great product.
Allan Dick MRCVS, The Croft Veterinary Centre, UK
Want to know more about v-gel?
Call our friendly team on +44 (0)207 649 9071 or complete the form below and we’ll be in contact