v-gel® ADVANCED for rabbits gives a high performance alternative to using endotracheal tubes and face masks. Located in the pharynx, a secure airway seal is obtained through the combination of a gel-like material with design contours that mirror the anatomical airway structures of the rabbit. This delivers a clear and safe airway in less than 8 seconds, avoids patient trauma and provides a seal enabling mechanical or manual ventilation.
The v-gel®, once sited securely in the pharynx, allows lateral movement giving the user good access around the mouth for routine dental procedures.
- Bowl now envelopes the whole larynx and epiglottis sits inside – avoids folding of epiloglottis and “blue tongue”
- Greater seal pressure – even better for ventilating
- Each size more flexible in terms of size of rabbit it suits
- More space and security for dental procedures
- Tying rings broken dorsally and ventrally to avoid catching on incisors during placement
- Single use – human medicine standards of hygiene
- Anatomical matching features combined with a soft material to give a high quality pressure seal
- Suited to ventilated as well as spontaneously-breathing patients
- Avoids laryngeal and tracheal trauma, which means safer anaesthetics and comfortable patient recoveries
- Fast, easy, safe and stress-free insertions
- No post-operative coughing or gagging
- Low airway resistance due to the large airway channel within the device
- High quality pressure seal restricting leakage of volatile anaesthetic agents, thus improving health and safety for staff
- Tip inserts into the upper oesophagus to help prevent and manage regurgitation of stomach contents
- Safer, smoother recoveries
- Ideal for safer dental procedures
- Low dead space connector
New to v-gel ADVANCED
Plus original features of v-gel rabbit devices
v-gel® for rabbit anaesthesia is the product that has reduced my stress levels by the greatest amount within the operating theatre, thanks for the great product.
Allan Dick MRCVS, The Croft Veterinary Centre, UK
Want to know more about v-gel?
Call our friendly team on +44 (0)207 649 9071 or complete the form below and we’ll be in contact