The first ever supraglottic airway devices for dogs are HERE – and they are even better than you imagined!
With all the features of the cat and rabbit devices, but with a unique addition: an integrated gastric channel, enabling passive and active protection against reflux and regurgitation during anaesthesia and giving control back to the anaesthetist
NEW to dog v-gel®
- Gastric channel – The insertion of the included gastric tubing can be used to suction gastric or bile contents, flush and introduction of medication. Thus, reducing the risk of oesophageal, strictures, acid burning and aspiration of potentially dangerous gastric fluid.
SAME GREAT BENEFITS of v-gel® cat and v-gel® rabbit
- Anatomical matching features combined with a soft material to give a high quality pressure seal
- Suited to ventilated as well as spontaneously breathing patients
- Avoids laryngeal and tracheal trauma, which mean safer anaesthetics and comfortable patient recoveries
- Fast, easy, safe and stress-free insertions
- No post-operative coughing or gagging
- Low airway breathing resistance due to the large airway channel within the device
- High quality pressure seal restricting leakage of volatile anaesthetic agents, thus improving health and safety for staff
- Suitable for a variety of patients including brachycephalics, and procedures including dentals
Whenever I have used the dog v-gels I have found them easy to place and they have been excellent at detecting regurgitation in dogs under anaesthetic
Toby Travis MRCVS, Casvet, Cheltenham
Want to know more about v-gel?
Call our friendly team on +44 (0)207 649 9071 or complete the form below and we’ll be in contact