v-gel® ADVANCED for cats gives a high performance alternative to using endotracheal tubes. Located in the pharynx, a secure airway seal is obtained through the combination of a gel-like material with design contours that mirror the anatomical airway structures of the cat. This delivers a clear and safe airway in less than 4 seconds and avoids patient trauma
The v-gel®, once sited securely in the pharynx, allows lateral movement of the device, giving the user good access around the mouth for routine dental procedures.
v-gel ADVANCED benefits
- Anatomical matching features combined with a soft material, means the pharyngeal bowl envelopes the whole larynx and epiglottis sits inside
- Suited to ventilated as well as spontaneously-breathing patients
- Avoids laryngeal and tracheal trauma, which means safer anaesthetics and comfortable patient recoveries
- Fast, easy, safe and stress-free insertions
- No post-operative coughing or gagging
- Low airway resistance due to the large airway channel within the device
- High quality pressure seal restricting leakage of volatile anaesthetic agents, thus improving health and safety for staff
- Tip inserts into the upper oesophagus to help prevent and manage regurgitation of stomach contents
- Safer, smoother recoveries
- Ideal for safer dental procedures allowing movement of device for greater access to mouth and greater security against aspiration of coolant fluid
- Suitable for all patients including brachycephalics. No short/long versions – sizing based on ideal body weight only
- No inflatable portion to cause any trauma
- Low dead space connector
- Single use – human medicine standards of hygiene
Please see the Technical page of our website for training materials. If you have any questions, please contact your distributor or Docsinnovent directly.
Please visit our FAQ page here.
We are very pleased with the cat v-gels® in our Radiation Therapy Department. We no longer have tracheitis in those patients receiving treatments on a daily basis
Teresa Scott, University of Pennsylvania
Want to know more about v-gel?
Call our friendly team on +44 (0)207 649 9071 or complete the form below and we’ll be in contact